With effect from 1 March 2018, the completion requirements for the SCI Certificates of Proficiency (COP) will be as follows :
• Complete a course on SCIDigital;
• Attempt all the questions in the mock assessment on the SCIDigital; and
• Pass an actual assessment conducted at SCI.
You will need to apply and pay through the SCI website before an account can be created for you on the digital learning platform.
Access to the digital contents will be accessible within 3 business days after confirmation of payment receipt.
You will receive an email from SCI with instructions on accessing the module via the SCIDigital App.You are required to download the App "SCIDigital" via the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to access the module or you may download the SCIDigital app from the following links:
Google PlayStore : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.smartup.sci&hl=en_US
Apple AppStore : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scidigital/id1328373439?mt=8
Candidates are required to inform SCI ([email protected]) or via the live chat function, upon completing the Digital Learning module(s) and mock assessment to allow SCI to send the examination registration link to you.
Features Of Digital Learning Platform
The digital learning platform will have the following features:
• It allows for convenience of access.
• It allows for bite-size learning.
• The contents can be accessed multiple times (for a period of three months from date of payment confirmation) for your revision.
• Quizzes will be embedded to gauge your understanding of the contents.
Your progress will also be tracked by SCI.
For first-timer, the examination is bundled with the course registration. If you fail to register and sit for the examination within the three-month course period, you will have to re-register for the course and pay the first-timer fee again.
The course fees will be reduced to S$85.60 (inclusive of 7% GST). The fees will include:
• Three months access to the module you had registered and paid for;
• One assessment sitting*;
• One free re-take;
• Mock assessment questions; and
• An e-Certificate of Attendance certifying the CPD hours obtained**.
* The examination registration link will ONLY be issued after you have completed all the digital contents, including the mock assessment. Candidates are required to inform SCI ([email protected]) or via the live chat function, upon completing the Digital Learning module(s) and mock assessment to allow SCI to send the examination registration link to you.
**To be eligible for CPD hours, the e-Certificate of Attendance will only be issued if you have answered at least 75% of the questions correctly for the mock assessment on the digital learning platform.
Both the e-Certificate of Attendance and examination registration link will be sent to you within 3 business days. The examination registration link will allow you to select an assessment date of your choice based on the available dates.
Please Note:If you fail to register and sit for the examination, including the free retake if required within the three-month course period, you will have to re-register for the course and pay the first-timer fee again.
Digital learning programmes are NOT ELIGIBLE for refund and cancellation once payment has been made.
Assessment Format And Frequency
• The assessment will be held at SCI and the mode of the assessment is in English medium via Computer Screen Examination (CSE).
• The assessment duration, format and number of questions remain unchanged.
• Examination sessions will be made available monthly.
Note: On the day of the open-book assessment, SCI will provide the hardcopy version of the digital contents, which must be returned to the Invigilator at the end of the assessment.
2018 Assessment Schedule
• 29 March 2018 (Thursday)
• 30 April 2018 (Monday)
• 31 May 2018 (Thursday)
• 29 June 2018 (Friday)
• 31 July 2018 (Tuesday)
• 31 August 2018 (Friday)
• 28 September 2018 (Friday)
• 31 October 2018 (Wednesday)
• 30 November 2018 (Friday)
Registration will start from 1 March 2018.
Singapore College of Insurance